The Last Tuesday Society June Edition at The Grace Darling
Oh yes, just when you thought we'd climbed into a cave to wait out the long winter... The Last Tuesday Society is back! And ready to wrap you in the warm overcoat of theatre!
With our regular host Richard Higgins currently gallivanting through Scandinavia, The Last Tuesday is thrilled to welcome our special guest host for the evening Vachel Spirason from the company Slow Clap, winners of the Best Comedy and Brisbane Powerhouse Award at the 2010 Melbourne Fringe Festival and Best Comedy at the 2011 Auckland Fringe.
Also at a brand new location- upstairs at The Grace Darling Hotel on Smith Street! This month The Last Tuesday Society features a delicious tasting plate of performance artists such as:
- Grit Theatre: Winner Best Production, 2010 Melbourne Fringe
- Poet Laureate Telia Nevile: Nominated Golden Gibbo, Best Newcomer, 2010 Melbourne International Comedy Festival
- Charles Barrington: Raw Comedy 2009
- Eva Johansen: Lime Champions, Fran I Am 2011 MICF
- Bron Batten: Performance Ingenue and Cheese Expert
- Pete Reid: From Pete and The Tar Gang- catch him before he ships off to Edinburgh!
- Emm Beech: Golden Gibbo Nominee for Stevl Shefn and his translator Fatima 2010
- Kirsten Law: Rising star and cultural beacon, 3000.com
As well as Melbourne's only original mash-up glee club, Choir Straits (nee Choir Choir Pants on Fire) fresh from the Melbourne International Jazz Festival!
I would advise coming early to avoid disappointment.
Doors at 7.30pm, show starts at 8pm sharp
See youse there x